Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Publish-Subscribe support in Mule

*Message imported, originaly posted: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 15:24:47 .
Does Mule CE/EE supports pub-sub mechanism[1]. I can't see its listed under the supported EIPs.

[1] http://www.eaipatterns.com/PublishSub...
1 person has
this question
+1
Reply
  • *Message imported, originaly posted: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 02:05:27 .
    Can't you simply reply on the JMS infrastructure to do that?

    I.e. given that you use Mule ESB together with a JMS provider (e.g. Apache
    ActiveMQ) you have, at least in my mind, a very good support for the
    Pub/Sub-pattern out of the box!

    Regards,
    Magnus.

    On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Alfred Ravon <
    mule dot user dot relay at mulesource dot com> wrote:

    Does Mule CE/EE supports pub-sub mechanism[1]. I can't see its listed under
    the supported EIPs.
    [1] http://www.eaipatterns.com/PublishSubscribeChannel.html











  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

    e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly

  • *Message imported, originaly posted: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:04:31 .
    If you use the brand new PubSubHubbub module, you can get web-based pub/sub
    directly from Mule.

    On 2011-09-28 12:06 AM, "Magnus Larsson" <
    magnus dot larsson at callistaenterprise dot se> wrote:

    Can't you simply reply on the JMS infrastructure to do that?

    I.e. given that you use Mule ESB together with a JMS provider (e.g. Apache
    ActiveMQ) you have, at least in my mind, a very good support for the
    Pub/Sub-pattern out of the box!

    Regards,
    Magnus.

    On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Alfred Ravon <
    mule dot user dot relay at mulesource dot com> wrote:

    Does Mule ...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

    e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly

  • *Message imported, originaly posted: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:44:54 .
    Thanks a lot for your feed back. Of course we can go for a JMS based solution, however PubSubHubbub looks a cool solution. I hope I can use SOAP with that (a SOAP based publisher and subscribers). Is that so?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

    e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly

  • *Message imported, originaly posted: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:50:15 .
    No SOAP for you :)

    PubSubHubbub is REST minded.

    On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Alfred Ravon <
    mule dot user dot relay at mulesource dot com> wrote:

    Thanks a lot for your feed back. Of course we can go for a JMS based
    solution, however PubSubHubbub looks a cool solution. I hope I can use SOAP
    with that (a SOAP based publisher and subscribers). Is that so?










  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

    e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly

  • *Message imported, originaly posted: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 22:59:17 .
    Yes, REST style Pub/Sub using PubSubHubbub with Mule providing the Hub-part
    seems to be a very compelling solution in many cases!

    One important aspect here is however to understand how replace the
    transactional behavior in a traditional JMS Pub/Sub setup with a REST style
    approach.
    Specifically if you involve a database or two at the publisher and/or
    subscribers, i.e. where you in the JMS case can rely on global XA
    transactions to guarantee database updates and deliveries of events with a
    ACID behavior.

    Even if the PubSubHubbub infrastructure (e.g. Mule acting as a hub) takes
    care of retries and resends I assume there still will be some scenarios
    where you will have problems to be fully ACID?

    I guess simply trying out the new PubSubHubbub module but with ACID behavior
    in mind is the best way to get this question answered :-)

    I will fore sure!

    Regards,
    Magnus.

    On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 5:04 PM, David Dossot <david at dossot dot net> wrote:

    If you use the brand new PubSubHubbub module, you can get web-based pub/sub
    directly from Mule.
    On 2011-09-28 12:06 AM, "Magnus Larsson" magnus dot larsson at callistaenterprise dot se> wrote:


    Can't you simply reply on the JMS infrastructure to do that?


    I.e. given that you use Mule ESB together with a JMS provider (e.g. Apache
    ActiveMQ) you have, at least in my mind, a very good support for the
    Pub/Sub-pattern out of the box!


    Regards,
    Magnus.


    On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Alfred Ravon mule dot user dot relay at mulesource dot com> wrote:



    Does Mule ...


  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

    e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly

  • does it provide guaranteed delivery ?

    and by the way PubSubHubbub module doesn't build
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

    e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly